OKHTEIN products are manufactured by experienced artisans with carefully selected materials of the highest quality. OKHTEIN guarantees both internally and its supply chain that internationally recognized standards of social and environmental responsibility are respected, consisted with the company’s own commitment to the ethical and sustainable management of its operations. Every item made from this leather has been created purely accordingly to traditional principles, so as to enhance the natural characteristics of the leather, such as veins, contrasting tones and small imperfections in the grain. These characteristics, as well as the susceptibility to scratches and abrasions, and the fading which occurs in the areas of greatest wear, should not be considered defects but assets, fundamental aspects of natural leather. Protect the item from the rain and dry it immediately with a cloth should it get wet, since the leather has not been waterproofed at all. Should a slight white patina appear, clean the product with a soft dry cloth. OKHTEIN team are always happy to answer any questions you may have.
An OKHTEIN piece is uniquely produced with 100% genuine leather so in order to maintain its original beauty over time. One must take a few precautions while using it, however, you will find our different care instructions in an ‘’ insert card ‘’ sent along with the product you ordered. For our brass Minaudiere, kindly email us for further assistance.
Please make sure to ask about leather treatment by emailing us at c[email protected]
POST PURCHASE CARE
- Store your bag in a cool, dry place to keep the leather from flaking.
- Avoid contact with water, perfume or any chemical substances.
- Immediately remove stains as soon as you notice them.
- Tuck the shoulder strap inside of the bag as this can leave marks on the leather.
- After every usage, store your leather bags in an upright position in their dust bag, and store them in a cool, dark place away from direct sunlight. This will protect it and keep it from fading.
- We recommend cleaning your bag after every use with a clean, dry cloth or use a leather conditioner regularly to prevent flaking.
- Bare in mind that heavy objects will age the leather dramatically.
- Avoid scratching hardware on rough surfaces, zippers and jewelry.
- Let them breath. The longer you leave your leather pieces untreated, the harder it will be clean them so take out your leather bag and air it.
- Keep your bag stuffed while you’re not using it to keep its shape better.
WHAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR:
Losses of hardware and or any additional item part of the product shall not be bared by OKHTEIN. Scratches and abrasions, and the fading which occurs in the areas of greatest wear, should not be considered defects but assets, fundamental aspects of natural leather. Elements such as oils, make up, perfumes, creams and or sanitizers applied to the leather can compromise its natural beauty and performance capabilities; therefore, they shall not be considered defects.
For further information about repair, please refer to our repair policy or contact us at [email protected]